|Security Team Leader (550074)
Job Number: LAG000298)
Do you see yourself as a Security Manager at InterContinental Lagos?
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At the moment we’re looking for a Security Manager to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Lagos.
This role, reports directly to the General Manager at InterContinental Lagos. As the Security Manager, you will be responsible for all security operations at the Hotel within the limits of the established InterContinental Hotels policies and procedures
- Supervises all the security personnel in the hotel
- Takes general responsibility for the security of life and properties within the Hotel premises
- Interacts with guests as well as individuals outside the Hotel including but not limited to law enforcement agencies, Government officials, other security and members of the community.
- Enforces controls of hotel properties in all departments i.e. Housekeeping, Laundry, Inter- Fitness Centre, F&B outlets, Engineering to ensure no hotel property is stolen.
- Ensures all allegations of crime and other incidents are promptly investigated, recorded and recommendations made to the management between one and three days.
- Co-ordinates with outside police agencies in the investigations and handling of crimes, accidents etc. involving the hotel employees and guests
- Ensures that visitors are well screened before being issued with visitors’ cards and that cards are returned at the time visitor leaves. Scrutinizes the visitor before issuing and ensures that they are returned at the time visitor leaves
- Undertakes safety audits, inspection and training as per IHC Crisis Response manual.
- The ideal candidate must have a military and/or any other security agency background
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, 5 of which must be at management Level in the Hospitality Industry
- Ability to relate and interact with various security agencies
- Second degree and relevant professional qualifications would be an added advantage
- Report writing and crisis management
- Security and Safety skills
: Risk Management & Security
Apply – http://ihg.taleo.net/careersection/all/jobdetail.ftl?job=LAG000298&lang=en#.WKhlZWLjucI.myjobmag